Veterans SupportOur program dedicated to providing essential support and assistance to veterans through our Veterans’ Home Care (VHC) services. Our goal is to enable veterans to continue living independently by offering practical help tailored to their unique needs. Here's an overview of the services we provide, who is eligible, and how to access them.
VETERANS’ HOME CARE
The Veterans’ Home Care (VHC) Program provides practical help at home so you can continue to live independently.
Who Can Receive Our Services:
Veterans with a GoldCard or a White Card for an accepted service-related injury or condition.
Carers and family members of Gold Card and White Card holders with an accepted service-related condition may also be eligible for assessment.
Contact us for more information about how we can support you:
Services We Offer
1. Domestic Help: Our domestic help services encompass house cleaning, unaccompanied shopping, and bill paying.
2. Personal Care: We assist with essential personal care tasks such as showering, toileting, and eating.
3. Respite Care: Our respite care options include in-home respite, residential respite in a government-subsidized aged care facility, and emergency short-term home relief (ESTHR).
4. Home and Garden Maintenance: For home and lawn maintenance, we cover tasks like replacing light bulbs, cleaning gutters, ceiling fans and windows, and even non-safety-related lawn mowing.
The allocation of services is determined based on individually assessed clinical needs. This could range from up to 196 hours of in-home respite care, 28 days of residential respite care, to 15 hours of home and garden maintenance annually.
Accessing Our Services
Accessing our services is a straightforward process:
1. Call the VHC Assessment Agency at 1300 550 450 for a phone assessment.
2. The assessment results in a personalised care plan.
3. A VHC service provider will contact you to schedule suitable service times.
4. Reassessments take place every 6 to 9 months to ensure continued tailored support.
Our Service Areas
We Genuinely Care is a registered provider and we provide services in the following areas
Once your service plan is approved under VHC, contact the VHC Assessment agency to request a placement with We Genuinely Care.
Veteran Healthcare Cards and Eligibility
DVA (Department of Veterans’ Affairs) can issue cards that give you access to certain benefits. The benefits depend on the card type. You may get free or cheaper health care and support, discounts on medicine, transport, and water and power bills. Some businesses may also give discounts.
More information about DVA and eligibility can be found here.
VHC Rights and Responsibilities
We emphasize treating all parties with respect, courtesy, and dignity. For detailed information, refer to the VHC Rights and Responsibilities information sheet provided with the VHC Care Plan or available online.